Selling Handmade Jewellery - Grabbing Attention

Your jewellery could be on TV!
 
Here a couple of videos of some of my handmade gemstone jewellery being shown on a UK tv channel.
 
My handmade copper and labradorite necklace.
My handmade copper, citrine, aquamarine, rose quartz & prehnite necklace.
 
 
I have bought several strands of gemstone beads from www.jewellerymaker.com who have a UK shopping channel (Sky 655). They have a weekly prize draw (number out of a hat) with 2 prizes on offer - £100 or £50 credited to your account with them. To entry you just send a picture of something you have made using something that you have bought from them. It could be just 1 bead in a whole necklace or just the wire, as long as something in the piece came from them. Some entries are picked to be read out on live television and this is repeated upto 5 times a day. They read out your message and your name as well, which is great for advertizing purposes. They also say some very nice things about your jewellery, which is always a boost.
 
I have had about 6 items read out on TV, I enter about once a month, if I remember. I also try to save the clips and post them to youtube but I have missed several of them. It was actually the comment I received on this show that gave me the kick up the bum I needed to take my jewellery seriously and set up my business properly.
 
If you need a confidence boost (or a kick up the bum) take a look at the show, suss out the format and enter a piece of your jewellery. Don't forget to look out for it on the show for a few days afterwards, it would be a shame if you missed your big moment.

No comments: